Friday, April 22, 2005

Friday Finally

I am just so glad that the weekdays are finally over(yay!!) . I'm looking forward to 2 days worth of rest and fun. I really can't put my finger to the reason as to why I am just so relieved. I see a lot of reasons hanging in the air but I just can't catch one of them. So weird.

I learned that a new legend is being created in Hong Kong racetrack. His name? Silent Witness. He is a race horse that's currently holding the best sprinter in the world title. He is close to breaking the current world record in consecutive wins being held by Cigar(A racehorse from Dubai). I am not fond horse racing sometimes I even despise it. Then why the talk you say?

Wala lang.


I just remembered Sea Biscuit.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


One of my favorite movies of all time. The setting was post-depression era in America.Stocks have plunged, companies closing down,people losing jobs. Not exactly the time where you want to live. Sea Biscuit is a deformed race horse who never won a race. His owner(Jeff Bridges) used to be a bicycle repairman, who just lost his son. The trainor(Chris Cooper) is former cowboy who is loner. And of course who can forget the jockey(Tobey Maguire,the webslinger), who left his family at young age, a frustrated writer, and BLIND. You can't get any depressing than that. But as the story goes...things quite went well. The end basically tells you what stuff legends are made of.





You don’t throw a whole life away just ‘cause it’s banged up a little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home