Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Wednesday Worry

It's looks like that corporate take-over(mergers,aquisitions,whachamacallit) is new name of the game. Last Monday, Adobe reached a definitive agreement to acquire Macromedia for a whooping 3.4 billion. As usual, the companies stated, that this merger will certainly be advantegeous to the customers and to shareholders(of course) since they will be able to expand their technology acquire more share of the hi-tech market yada yada. This came as a surprise for me since I believe that they are not entirely in competing terms with each other, instead they complement. People are ranting especially macromedia developers since they do not know what changes this could bring to products, all they really have are speculations. (I wonder what a PDF with an embedded flash looks like nye hehehe)

I am still suffering from the Oracle's gooble-up of PeopleSoft. Harsh realities are slowly starting to sink in. I am still in a dillemma what do to next. Some people I have talked with are generously helpful but even with their experience, they are not able to give guarantees. That's undertandable. I hate this.

I think government regulations should be stiffer regarding this mergers. I maybe naive to corporate strategies and manipulations but I believe that profits are not everything. I think this is the dark side of capitalism. Mommeee Mommee, look what I just bought


Wow Wednesday!

HABEMVS PAPAM!

Pope Benedict XVI

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I was not able to watch the TV late last night since I really wanted to go to the office early today.(I should have watched it instead). When I opened up CNN at lunch time, I was pleasantly surprised. The conclave is finally over! Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger is our new pope! Before the papal conclave, even before pope John Paul II's funeral mass , I already have a gut feeling that he is going to be the next pope.

May he continue Pope John Paul II's legacy of peace and unity. Primum Regnum Dei!











Great, I just included the Pope's picture with darth vader and frankenstein. Purely coincidental.
No pun intended.(The theme remains the same though)

2 Comments:

Blogger jpibay said...

ei Mia,

Like what I've said to you, people have difficulty accepting change. They employ different ways to cope with it(speculations,end-of-the-world prophecies,conspiracy theories).
Most of these guys were born knowing John Paul II as their pope.(that includes me mind you :))It's a natural tendency to scrutinize this man whom they now call as the pope.

It's just been a day! for crying out loud. These guys should find better ways to have a productive life.

The devil makes work for idle hands indeed.

1:14 PM  
Blogger jpibay said...

I do have a productive life!

It's called a semi-productive life.

Anyhow, it's still productive.

ok. la lang hehehehe

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home