Thursday, February 07, 2008

Talk to me goose



In the 80's, ask any ten-year old kid what he want's to be when he grows up, chances are he's either dreaming to be a doctor,a priest,a soldier, a vet, or a PILOT. For some years back in the knee scraping, junkfood eating, accident/injury prone days of pre or early teen, I always thought I'll end up to be one of the mentioned careers especially the last one. And then, as years pass, paths have been chosen, stuffs happened, and I ended up doing none of the above. Regrets? None. Really. I'm pretty content on where I am now. But sometimes no matter how far choice A have taken you, choice B comes back and you're left thinking of what-ifs for the rest of the day. What If I have been more idealistic rather than realistic? What if I persevered in the face of lack of opportunity? What If I decided to fly instead? Seeing things that makes you wonder what could have been doesn't help. It doesn't help at all. :(


A380
This baby gave me goosebumps the first time I saw this plane took off from Toulouse. SIA is one lucky airline to have flown/owned this beauty. The A380 is not only a wonder of a technology but also showcases man's desire to push the limitations. Some say it's ugly, others even labeled disastrous. But for people who truly appreciate aviation, the A380 is a sight worthy of thousand sighs.


In 7 minutes:






TEAMWORK. Wings and Fuselage made in UK. Tail from Spain. Avionics from Germany. Cockpit and Assembly in France. Shows what kind of wonder man can create if they only work together.
(hmm..I can only imagine what it would look like if it was DESIGNED in ITALY?)




Singapore's A380:







Singapore surely made a memorable welcome. As a local puts it: "Wah lau wei! This plane so shiok what!"
me: Yep, I'm shiokked alright. (Gets weird look from the local afterwards)


In Manila:





"Mga Binibini ginang at ginoo, kalalapag po lang natin sa paliparan ng Manila. Bago po kayo bumaba tiyaking nasa inyo na lahat ng inyong kagamitan.Sa ngalan ng Philippine Airlines Eto po ang inyong Kapitan (ahem.) at lahat ng aking mga kasama, kami po'y lugod na nagpapasalamat sa pagtangkilik nyo sa amin. Inaasahan na tayo'y muling magkikita sa susunod nyong paglalakbay. Paalam na po at maligayang pagdating sa Pilipinas."







A380 Tests:











Sydney or London?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home